How to Cook dishes from Cambodia
Cambodia is a country in Southeast Asia that borders
Vietnam. The country has a coast on the Gulf of Thailand, which
is part of the Pacific Ocean.
Some popular Cambodian recipes and dishes include:
- Amok trey - Fish in a coconut milk curry, wrapped with banana leaves then steamed.
- Bai cha - Fried rice with Chinese sausages, flavored with garlic,
soy sauce, and herbs.
- Balut - A fertilized duck or chicken egg with a nearly developed embryo inside. The egg
is boiled and usually eaten from the shell. Baluts are often said to have aphrodisiac
- Caw - A stew with meat (chicken or pork) and whole eggs. The stew is flavored with caramelized
palm sugar, and sometimes contains either bamboo shoots or tofu.
- Cha knyey - Stir-fried chicken. It contains black peppers, ginger, and peppers, and is very spicy.
- Kuyteav - This is a noodle soup, based on rice noodles with pork broth.
- Loc lac - Cubes of beef stir-fried with red onions. It is served on top of a salad of lettuce, cucumbers
and tomatoes, and with a black pepper or lime sauce.
- Ngam nguv - A chicken soup with whole preserved lemons.
- Samlor kari nom banh jok - A spicy chicken and coconut soup with rice vermicelli, unripe papaya,
and various vegetables in it. It is often eaten with French baguettes.
Please share your comments on this page:
Related pages on this web site:
Disclosure: Products details and descriptions provided by Amazon.com. Our company may receive a payment if you purchase products from them after following a link from this website.
|By Ghillie Basan|
Released: February 15th, 2006
Hardcover (256 pages)
|List Price: $35.00*|
Lowest Used Price: $13.35*
*(As of 02:58 Pacific 25 Sep 2020 More Info)
The Food and Cooking of Vietnam & Cambodia
- Manufacturer: Anness
- Brand: Brand: Anness
- ISBN: 0754815773
- EAN: 9780754815778
- Number of Pages: 256
- Author: Ghillie Basan
- Publication Date: February 15th, 2006
- Release Date: February 15th, 2006
- Size: 12.26 Inches by 9.22 Inches by 0.98 Inches
- Weight: 3.53 Pounds
Click here for more information
- Used Book in Good Condition