Thanksgiving Cookbooks and Recipes
Thanksgiving is a traditional North American holiday which is associated with harvest.
Some Thanksgiving recipes and dishes include:
- In Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated
on the second Monday in October, but is celebrated as part of a three day weekend.
- In the United States, Thanksgiving is
celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November. Although the earliest Thanksgiving celebrations
were probably held by Spanish settlers in the 16th century in what is today
Texas, the holiday
has come to be associated with the Pilgrims and their settlement in
and their Thanksgiving feast held in 1621.
- Cornbread - A fried quick bread made from cornmeal.
- Corn on the cob
- Green bean casserole - A casserole made from green beans,
cream of mushroom soup
(the canned variety is usually used), and fried onions.
- Mashed potatoes
- Pecan pie - This is a Southern recipe
eaten as a dessert. It is a pie containing
a custard made of corn syrup and pecan nuts. Bourbon whiskey or chocolate are
also sometimes added to the custard.
- Pumpkin pie - This is a pie that is eaten for dessert.
The pie crust is filled with a custard made from pumpkin
with various spices such as cloves, cinnamon and ginger.
Traditionally served accompanied with whipped cream, pumpkin pie is often eaten at Thankgiving,
as well as at
- Sweet potato
- Sweet potato pie - An open pie eaten as a dessert.
It contains mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk and sugar, and is flavored with spices
such as cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Turkey - Turkey is the most common main dish eaten for Thanksgiving dinner.
Turkeys are usually stuffed with a stuffing made from cereal, carrots, celery, onions and flavored
with sage, and then roasted.
Please share your comments on this page:
Disclosure: Products details and descriptions provided by Amazon.com. Our company may receive a payment if you purchase products from them after following a link from this website.
|By Editors of Fine Cooking|
Released: September 4th, 2012
Paperback (240 pages)
|List Price: $12.95*|
Lowest Used Price: $6.10*
*(As of 23:09 Pacific 22 Jul 2021 More Info)
Fine Cooking Thanksgiving Cookbook: Recipes for Turkey and All the Trimmings
- Manufacturer: Taunton Press
- Brand: Taunton Press
- ISBN: 1600858279
- EAN: 9781600858277
- Format: Illustrated
- Edition: Illustrated
- Number of Pages: 240
- Author: Editors of Fine Cooking
- Publication Date: September 4th, 2012
- Release Date: September 4th, 2012
Click here for more information
- Size: 9.0 Inches by 7.0 Inches by 0.67 Inches
- Weight: 1.15 Pounds